Fruit (and vegetable) bearing plants around me

Hey reader, ✋✋
Remember to always wash your hands ;-)

You may know that I have a lot of fauna around my house. But what about flora? Yes, I do have a lot of plants outside and above my house and today's blog is just about that. actually one day we had thrown all our vegetable seeds into the compost and used that for our plants. In the next few days, plants started growing from the seeds and voila! We had a whole farm of produce!๐Ÿ†๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒ

#1-Lemon
Lemons are actually the only one on this list (other than #2) not grown with our magical compost. We have one lemon plant on our terrace that is 5 years old! These look like limes but really are lemons and have the perfect tart taste.


#2-Coriander
On environment day (5th June), our homework from online class was that we had to plant a chosen sapling and help it grow. I chose to grow some coriander plants as when they grew up, we would have lots of coriander leaves, ready to add on dishes. These plants are still too small to give any leaves but they are growing at lighting speed!


#3-Chilli
Now some of you may not like chillies but it does fall in the produce category. Unlike most supermarket chillies, these chillies are very hot. They do teach a lesson to any unwanted visitor who takes a bite though๐Ÿ˜‰. We have two chilli plants on our terrace and we get produce everyday.
#4-Bittergourd
Now I admit, this is one veggie that I really don't like ๐Ÿ˜•. We don't have any bittergourds ready to eat, yet but there are already a few veggies coming out.The bitter gourd is hanging onto our jasmine plant on our courtyard. Can you spot the bitter gourd in the picture?

#5-Pumpkin
We have two pumpkin plants, one on my courtyard and one on my terrace. The first one is used for its leaves. The second one tries to g1ve out fruit but every time a baby pumpkin has grown, the monkeys tear it off, take an atom-sized bite and just throw it away!๐Ÿ˜ ! We try as much as we can to stop them wasting our hard-earned reward, but they don't seem to be that empathetic. For now, we are keeping a safe guard over the plants at all times and seems to help, for the time being.

#6-Tomato
Our tomato plant is at our terrace and is also a prey to monkeys. Unlike the pumpkins though, we save most of the tomatoes and use them for cooking ๐Ÿ˜‹


Why don't you try to grow a plant this lockdown? You don't even need to grow coriander, any ordinary plant will do. I hope you try it!

See you in the next blog,

Bieeee!!!





Comments

  1. Interesting post ! Nice kitchen garden you have there. I have similar plants growing and getting fresh organic vegetables at home gives such joy. I usually recycle plastic cans and bottles for farming herbs like coriander, allows to grow so much more. Try out and see ... :-)
    And bitter gourds are good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good idea to use bottles and cans that normally pile up in rivers and lakes to grow plants. And I know that bittergourd is good for you but its just not for my favourite vegetables :-D

      Delete
  2. Quite the organic farmer, I am highly impressed :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because I threw the seeds into the plant compost X-D

      Delete
  3. Commercially grown vegetables are laced with pesticides. Home grown is the way to go. Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to the all natural way of life!! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The best trip ever?

My best ever beach trip

My first ever pets