Wildlife around me

Wildlife around me - My life amongst nature

House Sparrow

Hello reader,
hope you like my blogs ;)

Animals are amazing part of the universe. There are many species of animals. Some stay on land and feed on other animals, while some breathe in water and feed on the algae there. The list is endless here. Speaking of animals, today I will tell you about all the wildlife around where I stay.

#1-Monkeys

Seeing a monkey at my place is not uncommon. Most of the time these little devils are at our house for our tomato plants, yikes :( . But other than taking all our tomatoes, they are harmless, in fact they are rather calm around us. And their pranks are very funny to watch. We normally manage to save some of the tomatoes and use them for cooking.

MonkeyTomato

#2-Wasps, and Hornets

We have wasps and hornets outside our house, and they are very different from each other.
The wasp is a species of potter wasp and it made a house in my garden. From the look of the nest, there is probably only one wasp who lives in it. It is peaceful and won't sting anyone unless someone tries to destroy its home. It's looks are intimidating though!

The hornets on the other hand, are the opposite of the wasps. They built a home on my balcony. Unlike the wasp, the hornet nest included 8-10 hornets. These guys were rather small but if someone is under their nest at the wrong time, they will sting him/her. If you're careful though, you won't get stung. These hornets do work hard on shaping their hive properly. Just look at the transition of their home in just 2 weeks!


Hornet nestHornet nest

#3-Butterflies

One day, when I was 7 years old, I rescued a caterpillar. Earlier, I had believed that this was the baby of a moth, so I called it Mothy. Few days later, I realised it was offspring of the Common Mormon Butterfly, but I still called it Mothy. A month later, it spun a cocoon and was in the cocoon for 2 weeks. After a long wait, it turned into a beautiful butterfly. Since then I planted lots of flowers around the house to attract more butterflies and lots of butterflies come around every day and make my garden look beautiful. I also made a YouTube video on Mothy's life.

Common Mormon butterflyCommon Mormon butterfly


#4-Snails and slugs

The monsoon brings about a lot of snails and slugs. You must be careful not to step over them (gross). And if you keep your door open, you might find them in the most unusual places in your house. These creatures may be slimy, but they are interesting to look at.

common slugSnail

#5-Chameleons

You can see chameleons, lizards and geckos all over our garden. They range from dull brown lizards to brightly colored chameleons. They live in very grassy areas to catch bugs for food. They are very cute in their own way.

Chameleon

#6-Spiders

Spiders arrive during the monsoon as well. Last year, there were a lot of spiders. All the trees were covered with webs and huge spiders were all over the place. They did decrease the population of mosquitoes though :)

Spider

#7-Garden Insects

These insects stay in my garden. But I really don't know what species these 3 insects are. If you know what type of insects these are, feel free to write it down in the comments :)

InsectCaterpillar
Caterpillar

Thanks for reading my blog till the end :)


Comments

  1. ID of the last set of pictures

    1. Green Immigrant leaf Weevil.
    2. Not sure.
    3. Butternut wooly worm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWSM!!! Bt lil scary Na! Dn't they sting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they only sting if you try to harm them in any way. I admit, I was scared of the hornets at first :)

      Delete
  3. Loved the "Mothy" story on youtube, you are very lucky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you live amidst so many wonderful animals & birds! Nature needs more humans like you my girl.. ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am fortunate to be living in a place with lots of nature with birds, animals and insects. Thank you so much for taking the trouble to comment on my blog Oien :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The best trip ever?

My best ever beach trip

My first ever pets